JOIN FARA TOLNO IN GUINEA, WEST AFRICA!!!
December 20th- January 5th AND January 8th-31st
Come dance, drum and study the rich culture of Guinea, West Africa with Gabriel Fara Tolno next January 2018! Two workshops will be offered. Come for one, part time or both!
LINK TO REGISTRATION:
* Classes will be taught by Fara, Ousmane Zito Bangoura and members of various ballets and/or other local artists
* Classes are tailored to the students level of experience
* There will be four classes daily, these classes will vary between djembe, dundun, dance, dundun dance, balafon, krin & kora. (cooking classes also an option)
* Comfortable and secured lodging will be provided in Conakry, on the Kissidugu Land in Bel-Air in the village of Koukoude and other travels.
* Whenever possible running water and western bathrooms will be provided. ( but do be prepared for mostly bucket showers, don’t worry it’s hot outside!)
*While in Conakry and Koukoude access to phone & shopping will be available. Internet is not readily available.
*Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Breakfast is simple and consists of coffee, tea, bread, cheese, jam and fruit. Lunch and dinner are often a traditional Guinea dish featuring fish or chicken with rice, sauce and vegetables or other grain/starch.
*All food is prepared fresh daily and included in your trip cost. Please inform us of any allergies or special dietary needs.
Koukoude is a fishing village and we enjoy fresh fish often!!!
- You will have opportunity to attend local weddings, dundunba & sabar parties, as well as performances & rehearsals by local artist and ballets.
- Explore bustling markets, historical landmarks, the village countryside & the beautiful beach at the Kissidugu School land.
- Spend time with Fara’s family and experience the true essence of “wontanara”, we are together.
On this trip you will have the opportunity to give as well as receive by bringing your unique gifts to share with the people as you receive the riches of the culture. By coming on this journey, you will be part of the continuation of Phase Two of the Kissidugu School project. Because this is a long- term project, you will have opportunity to deepen your connection with the teachers and families that are part of Kissidugu and truly create lasting relationships.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN SUMMER 2017!!!! PLAN NOW!
* A current passport
* A copy of your flight itinerary
* Travel Visa for Guinea
* Proof of Yellow Fever vaccination
* Emergency contact information
All Visa Inquiries are sent to:
Embassy of the republic of Guinea
2112 Leroy place, N.w.
Washington, D.C. 20008
- Book your flight early for optimal rates
- Passports can take up to 12 weeks to process
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination is required to obtain your Guinea visa, so obtain that first then allow 3 weeks for visa processing.
- Malaria prevention through medication is advised. We like Malarone, but shop around.
- Research current exchange rates and bring cash (Checks, CC and ATM’s are NOT widely used in Guinea) Hundred dollar bills are best for exchange rates.
ONE WEEK: $600
TWO WEEK: $1,200
THREE WEEK: $1,800
THREE and a HALF weeks: (Jan 7-31 full workshop) $2,100
FOUR WEEKS: $3,300 BOTH WORKSHOPS: 2 week and 3 1/2 week, FIVE and a HALF WEEKS
$300 Deposit Due upon registering.
We will walk you through the processes 🙂 and are here to answer any questions. Email us at: email@example.com anytime. Wontanara.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
LINK TO REGISTRATION: https://form.jotform.us/71217862884162
Check or money orders payable to:
PO Box 263
Hawi, Hawaii 96719
Again, please email us at Kissidugufoundation@gmail.com if you have additional questions/concerns. Inuwauli.
View the Generosity Fundraising Campaign here for clean water, medicine, first-aid, solar technologies, and educational resources for the village of Koukoude on our trip in 2018!
DONATE A RESOURCE TODAY!!!